Display Management Design

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Sat Jul 23 16:07:04 UTC 2011

Hi there fellows: metalworkers/plasmafiers?/usabilitiers? xD

Today we've started to draft what is going to be another Solid project,
this time to improve the Display Management.

As you may know, I have been working to fix the current code but as
happened to me before (KBluetooth) I can't improve the existing codebase
any further, so it is time to rewrite it.

Also, as occurred in the KBluetooth times, after fixing it now I have a
clearer idea of what we want and how we want it, and of course being a
hard user of "Multi Display's" helped.

So, this is the design so far:
http://community.kde.org/Solid/Projects/DisplayManagement/Design

Everything is open to changes, just say it and if everybody more or less
agree it will be changed.

Also, I like to consider this the first step towards KDE5 workspace, uh
oh what, I'm crazy? yes I'm :D
We've to update our guidelines about KCM's and unify them, right now all
we have is a mess :D

We have time to discuss the design I have a lot of work to do until I
start to do the GUI bits.

Cheers!

Ps: Sorry for the 3 emails :/