How to stop edge of Plasma::Dialog to Change

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 17:38:47 UTC 2011

On Friday 22 July 2011, Weng Xuetian wrote:
> On 2011年07月23日 00:51, Marco Martin wrote:
> > On Friday 22 July 2011, Weng Xuetian wrote:
> >
> > i can see another solution:
> > right now we do that to look good in panels, to stick it to the border...
> > that means the corresponding applet has a location that is Top, Right,
> > Left or Bottom.
> >
> > if the dialog is not attached to an applet this way, or whatever is
> > attached to has like a Desktop location, I could change the behaviour
> > that wouldn't remove borders anymore (seems to make sense from a logical
> > POV)
> >
> > Aaron, Weng, would this solution be ok?
>
> Thank you :) , Is there an way to create a dialog not attach to applet?
> (Or this will be a new property?) I hope there is an easy widget for
> people to create floating window plasma, as you can see, for popup menu
> in lancelot, the edge hugging should not be enabled.

i was referring to the internal ones used by PopupApplet as "attached"

in qml you can just create with
Dialog {
  mainItem: foo
}

as for the implementation of the decision whether the borders should be
enabled or not, no that's still not implemented :)
tough i can do that if everybody agrees

--
Marco Martin