QML and DBus in plasma

Weng Xuetian wengxt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 10:40:08 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Luca Beltrame <einar at heavensinferno.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 July 2011 16:16:21 Weng Xuetian wrote:
>
>> Actually I'm a input method developer, and I plan to rewrite/pick up
>> kimpanel in kdeplasma-addons. Currently it seems that nobody maintains
>
> Before looking at KIMpanel, you may want to take a look at KIMToy: http://kde-
> apps.org/content/show.php/KIMToy?content=140967 which IIRC started as an
> alternative implementation and ended up as a standalone application.

Yes, I know the KIMToy author in person, but as far as I see, KIMToy's
User interface is far from native, and the reason that I'd like to
pick up kimpanel, is that it's already including in KDE SC (though not
works well...), and yes, my modification might not get in KDE SC
directly, but my actual intention is to extend the existing kimpanel
protocol and test more feature for it, plasma makes it more easy to
implement it.

As for make it works... I'm a fcitx developer, and it works well with
kimpanel/kimtoy as far as I test. (For IBus it need extra option for
specify the panel to start...)