the next step on the desktop

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 31 22:47:55 CET 2011

On Monday, January 31, 2011, Alex Fiestas wrote:
> Well, then I guess that the only thing we can do is wait until desktop
> summit and try to push the GNOME developers to collaborate again...

+10 to that.

> Is understandable that in their current situation they can't be commited
> to any new standard since they don't know their needs, so wait until
> GNOME3 is out sounds reasonable.

well, one could also make the case that now is the easiest time for them to
use existing standards since it's always harder to drop support for something
you have.

but at the very least they could not reinvent wheels that already exist and
create new incompatibilities as they proceed.

ah well .. :)

humru othro a kohnu se