the next step on the desktop

Ivan Cukic ivan.cukic at kde.org
Mon Jan 31 18:55:02 CET 2011

> you know ctrl+f7, do you?

Yes, naturally, but having a key-shortcut for something doesn't mean there
shouldn't be a mouse-way for the same thing. (for example winmenu - alt
f3, close alt f4 etc.)

> I don't think it's a good idea to add random buttons.

It is not like it is a 'run A.M.O.R. app button' to call it 'random'.

Imagine you're painting something (krita, gimp, etc.) - aka using the
mouse (stylus) - navigating the windows shouldn't force the users to use
the keyboard. Especially since the present effect is conceptually not
really keyboard, but rather mouse optimized.

The same goes when using Konqueror with KWin tabs instead of innter tabs.

While my main input device is the keyboard, I missed a button like this
quite a few times.

> And before I do that I extend Aurorae to use a containment :-P

:)

--
So remember when you're feeling very small and insecure
How amazingly unlikely is your birth