About Plasma's JavaScript API

Samu Juvonen samu.juvonen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 13:28:57 CET 2011

Hello.

I've been trying to learn creating Plasmoids with JavaScript, but so far it
seems to me that the API is wildly broken. I cannot even properly set a size
for QSizeF or re-position a QRectF. The third problem is with FrameSvgs.
Whereas a PlasmaSvg image is rendered fine, FrameSvg goes completely bonkers.

I've tried rendering SVGs using different Plasma themes but it fails even with
Oxygen and Air, so probably not due to broken theme.

My KDE version is 4.6 RC2 (on Arch Linux). I dunno if it works any better with
the stable 4.5 release, since I don't have any machines I could test it with
atm.

I created a simple example Plasmoid you can download here:
http://sj87.hopto.org/buggy.tar.gz