R: dah-dah-da-daaaaah! synchrotron!

LucaTringali TRINGALINVENT at libero.it
Thu Jan 6 11:23:00 CET 2011

>the subject line of this email should be sung to the tune of your favourite
>superhero t.v. show, such as Italian Spiderman.

love it!

>* how to automatically check for addons from synchrotron on first-run
>* how to check for updates so we can offer an auto-update service
>
>i'd like to make this easy for DataEngine and Plasmoid developers to take
>advantage of, preferably by putting such logic right into DataEngine and
>Applet itself. it would be nice to see the logic for this in libattica so
that
>it can be shared by all kinds of application (imagine starting Palapeli and
>having a dozen or two puzzles available, new ones appearing all the time,
via
>synchrotron in the start up listing!).

Seems a good idea. This thing will replace kde-look.org or it will continue
existing?

>(on a side note / as a bit of useless trivia: synchrotron came out of design
>work i did over the holidays for plasma classroom :)

Talking about plasma classroom, I'm working on a plasmoid that shows the
screen
of all the classroom's computers, so the teacher can take a look at them
directly from
the desktop. Anyway, I'm having some troubles implementing VNC to remote view
the screens. Can someone help me on this thing?

Luca Tringali