[patch] enabling autorun in devicenotifier applet

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Thu Jan 6 08:38:03 CET 2011

On Thursday 6 January 2011 08:32:16 todd rme wrote:
> Sorry if I missed this, but is this going to be a per-device setting,
> per device-class setting, or both?  I can see benefits for both.  For
> instance for a video DVD it probably doesn't matter which DVD it is.
> On the other hand my camera memory card and my flash drive with my
> work files on it are both seen as ordinary flash memory devices, but
> the default service would of course be totally different.

It's not clear from that discussion for me either (hence my "PS" on my first
email). ;-)
Basically on per device-class is addressed by Maarten patch, while the XDG
spec I mentionned earlier that we should revive the support of is a per-device
setting (since it's done using a file sitting on the storage device itself).

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net