[patch] enabling autorun in devicenotifier applet

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Jan 5 07:31:16 CET 2011

On Wednesday 5 January 2011 03:04:41 Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> I've made this patch with some directions from aseigo.
>
> I wanted some kind of autorun settings for specific devices dependant on
> the media of optical drives; so i made a patch to recognize X-KDE-Autorun
> in .desktop file action entries.

Hm, why not resurrect the support for the Autorun XDG spec[*]? We used to have
that but it's defunct for a while, IIRC there's some disabled code for it in
the soliduiserver code.

I think it'd be a better approach than making our own foreign little thing.

Regards.

PS: Note that here I assume you want the autorun setting "per medium", if you
want it "per medium type" the Autorun XDG spec doesn't cover this aspect.

[*] http://standards.freedesktop.org/autostart-spec/autostart-spec-latest.html
("Autostart Of Applications After Mount" section)
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net