[Kde-hardware-devel] kdebase-workspace and kdebase-runtime git repos to validate

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Jan 4 18:43:53 CET 2011

On Tuesday 14 December 2010 01:22:38 Ian Monroe wrote:
> So kdelibs and kdebase are switching to Git, probably not Dec 20/21 as
> was previously thought, but at the release of 4.6.0.
>
> Whether its next week or next month though, its pretty soon. :)
>
> I have three work-in-progress repos, the first two I created last night:
> http://gitweb.kde.org/scratch/ianmonroe/kdebase-workspace.git
> http://gitweb.kde.org/scratch/ianmonroe/kdebase-runtime.git
>
> I've checked all the subdirectories and they appear to have a decent
> history. One exception is some of the Solid modules which seemed to
> have an early identity crisis. :) Check it out and let me know if this
> is a concern and with help of people who know its history we could fix
> it up.

Indeed looks like some of the history is duplicated. On the other hand I
except that quite a few of those commits appearing twice are coming from
commits done in kdebase, not kdebase/runtime or kdebase/workspace solely.

In any case it doesn't look like a big deal to me. It's probably not worth the
amount of work to try to have a leaner history on those modules.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net