KWin GLES needs testers

Martin Gräßlin kde at martin-graesslin.com
Mon Jan 3 18:21:25 CET 2011

On Monday 03 January 2011 00:15:44 Ignat Semenov wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Thank you and happy New Year to you as well :)
>
> Today I built your branch. My system is:
Thanks for testing :-)

> Fedora 14
> KDE trunk
> 8800 GTS 320 Mb
> NVIDIA 260.19 (latest)
>
> First of all, don't know what it built against - hope it's GL 2.0 because
> it's what the driver seems to support. It works! But there's a few bugs:
Should be GL2. KWin prints out the information on startup. Most important
OpenGL version and whether GLSL is supported

> the thumbnails are broken (as in when there's e.g. Konsole with build
> output), those lines are riddled with holes and not "crisp" at all (btw,
> nice string in the config dialog :))
That should have been fixed with [1]
> kwin crashes when I change texture scaling method and something else in one
> of the above comboboxes and hit apply - reliably. Everything (KDEbase and
> KDElibs) are from trunk, today's trunk, actually.
Do you have me a backtrace?
> blur works
great, I never tested that one ;-)
> jaggies in coverswitch (antialiasing? is that possible at all? it's been
> there actually since 4.0 I guess :))
4.1 (coverswitch is 4.1) and yes smoothing is not a trivial case for a
compositor (Compiz shows the same problem - just googled for screenshots of
shift switcher).
> everything moves pretty smooth, haven't seen any jerkies yet
>
> That's it after half an hour of normal use, no crashes except for the
> mentioned crash in the config dialog.
cool

> Regards,
> Ignat Semenov
>
> P.S. As you say, nouveau allows for GLES (didn't know about that, btw.) Can
> test this as well if necessary. (Not sure about the prerequisites, that
> could take some time.)
Not all distributions provide the required packages. I am using Debian
experimental which has packages. Nouveau is still very experimental and I
would not recommend to try it if you are not able to ssh to the system.

Cheers
Martin

[1] http://gitweb.kde.org/scratch/graesslin/kwin-
gles.git/commit/a5cba06cdb36db6ad70711af72ee4e09e9b99281