Window thumbnail and Javascript

Martin Gräßlin kde at martin-graesslin.com
Sun Jan 2 17:47:23 CET 2011

On Sunday 02 January 2011 17:33:25 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Saturday, January 1, 2011, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > Last but not least I do not see why we would need rotated thumbnails.
>
> if kwin paints the thumbnail (as opposed to handing over an image that the
> application itself then paints) then if the target on which the thumbnail
> should be painted on is rotated on the screen, the thumbnail would also
> need to be painted rotated.
Let me rephrase: why would we need a rotated area with thumbnails? I just
think showing rotated thumbnails is useless.

FYI: rotating a window is trivial in kwin - built in feature of the rendering
pipeline. The difficult part would be IMHO the X atom and calculating the
correct aspect in the thumbnail effect. Currently we use a high-level API call
for that.

Cheers
Martin