Window thumbnail and Javascript

Martin Gräßlin kde at martin-graesslin.com
Sat Jan 1 10:04:36 CET 2011

On Friday 31 December 2010 23:21:51 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> to support rotation, kwin would also need to know what the rotation in
> QGraphicsItem::transorm() is so it knows which way the polygon is oriented.
> with that info, kwin should be able to paint thumbails pretty much anywhere
> requested.
I don't want to spoil the fun, but at least I would not add support for
rotated thumbnails to KWin. For various reasons:
1. It would need changes to the X Atom
2. It would make the Thumbnail Effect code much more complex
3. I don't expect it to look good (just use e.g. cube and start to rotate and
look how bad everything starts to look). There is not much we can do about it
- we just have one big textue. It's like when rotating Plasmoids - it also
looks bad.

Last but not least I do not see why we would need rotated thumbnails.
Nevertheless if someone wants to write the code for it and it does not make
the code more complicated, etc. I would probably accept a patch.

Martin