Featurlets for 4.7

Luiz Romário Santana Rios luizromario at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 06:24:43 CET 2011

2011/2/27 Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com>

> > > what about putting this in the activities dataengine?
> >
> > Is there such a dataengine? Or you're planning on creating it?
>
> yes there is

Oh, now I found it. I was looking for "activities"
instead "org.kde.activities". I'll take a look on in tomorrow.

But it's partially ready on romariorios/showactivities-plasmoid branch of
kdeplasma-addons. It depends on romariorios/dbusinterface-declarativebinding
branch of kde-runtime. It only works for plasma-desktop, it does not scale
to the panel's height, it does not have a tool tip yet, but it's working.

> > it would be an operation of the service associated to the source
> "Current"
> >
> > > this hoewver would make the activities service depending on
> > > plasma-desktop, a
> > > thing that i really don't like.
> >
> > That would make the plasmoid depend on plasma. The DBus interface is
> still
> > there, isn't it?
> >

> the dbus interface depends on the plasma shell.
> so the running shell should have to support that function.
>
> Cheers,
> Marco Martin

Luiz Romário Santana Rios