The future of virtual desktops
mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Feb 25 17:28:17 CET 2011
On Thursday 24 February 2011 22:34:09 Hans Chen wrote:
> If not, this thread can serve as a place for discussing this.
Now I am playing the evil guy by pointing out the truth, which will make any
* KWin models VDs as integer values between 1 and 20. Any change to this model
is given the code base close to impossible
* The current implementation of VDs is a worksforme. The only thing I would
change is to have per screen VDs.
* I do not want to work on VDs.
* I consider the wm aspects of KWin as done. I do not want anyone to work on
* current development only happens in the compositor
* I would not allow a GSoC on this issue, we have more important topics
* if we want to rewrite great parts of KWin there are more important projects
* unless there is a miracle we don't have the manpower for it
Sorry for pointing out the obvious truth, it's just something we cannot work
This means I have not yet this thread and I won't read this thread. You may
discuss what you want, but it ends up as bikeshedding as we just don't have
the resources to implement any idea which comes out of this thread.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 316 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/attachments/20110225/84b58db6/attachment.sig
More information about the Plasma-devel