... and it begins

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Wed Feb 23 09:12:39 CET 2011

On Tuesday 22 February 2011 21:41:49 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi all..
>
> between work away from plasma on behalf of KDE (c.f. nokia and qt) and the
> impending trans-atlantic move, i've been far quieter than usual. i've noted
> this a few times, but want to keep everyone in the know so that you don't
> start wondering if i've found a new software love somewhere in the
> noosphere or some such ;)
>
> the house here in Vancouver is nearly empty and i fly to my new abode in 6
> short days. i expect to remain fairly low-profile in my first week there as
> well.
>
> but i am positively _itching_ to get back to spending my waking hours
> obsessively hacking on plasma in a more singular fashion again and helping
> extend its reach into the larger ecosystem as well. so my motivation is
> still there and i have a nice little line up of projects just waiting for
> me to have a place i call "home" again .. you know, one with a place to
> hang my clothes and a table to eat off of. ;)
>
> thanks to everyone (particularly Marco) who has kept things rolling in
> these tricky (for me) times. i may get even a bit more quiet between now
> and the 7th of March, so this is your heads up on that.
Marco is amazing indeed as well as Martin, Artur and the rest! it's also great
to see new people and there's a sense of things getting done and new ideas
taking shape.
We all forward to having you back but try to get some rest if you need it!
> however i will, as a notorious general once said, return. 2 weeks seems
> very short now, in fact :) *hugs to all*
Have a safe move abroad and welcome to Europe!

All the best and hugs,

Anne-Marie