[RFC] Enforcing Compositing

Nuno Pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Mon Feb 21 14:05:59 CET 2011

A Segunda, 21 de Fevereiro de 2011 11:23:36 Sebastian Kügler você escreveu:
> Hey all,
>
> <exec summary>
> - let's try it in unreleased master for a bit
> - let's see how Unity and GNOME shell are received
> - let's try to improve communication with Xorg devs
> - let's target it for 4.8
> </exec summary>

wille I agrea with the sumary, I want to SUPORT what Martin is trying to do
here......
Contrary to what many people belive this is not mostly about eye candy. We
realy need sooner or later to have a fully composite desktop with no strings
atached... the number of visual solutions for our clutered desktop aplications
is amazing if we have a trusted to exyst composite desktop....For to long have
we been stuck with static (xi, yi) windows.... We need more abstraction
betwinf frorm and function, this will be vital for the brave new UI world that
is forming in the mist.

I repeat this is not about eye candy this is about  more natural less
"explicit information" saturated UI's

oxygen guy, "I make the pretty pictures"