[RFC] Enforcing Compositing

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 22:50:01 CET 2011

On Sunday 20 February 2011 13:38:40 Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> sending this to both Plasma and KWin as the idea affects the complete
> workspace.
>
> Since 4.2 we have enabled OpenGL based compositing by default and I was
> wondering if in 4.7 we should go the next step: disabling the possibility
> to turn compositing off if supported.

I think I agree with this, provided that KWin is smart enough to detect when
compositing won't be supported.

BTW, I think this implies I should trash the disable compositing action in
powerdevil for 4.7, isn't it? (I would be glad to do that)

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B