[RFC] Enforcing Compositing

Davide Bettio bettio at kde.org
Sun Feb 20 22:32:47 CET 2011

Hi,

On 02/20/11 22:25, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> On Sunday 20 February 2011 22:18:16 Davide Bettio wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> if we don't want to give the user the possibility to disable, we don't
>>> need an option to enable/disable.
>> I don't see anything bad about having enable/disable options on the KCM.
>> The only con that I'm aware of is that we have more checkboxes.
> Consider the button would not be there: would you see pro arguments to add
> one?
Yes, currently at the computer lab in my university for an unknown
reason I can't work with compositing enabled, so I had to disable it.

>> The main reason is that buggy software is still around.
> And how do we get the buggy software fixed if we allow workarounds?
We can't ask users to wait while the software gets fixed, they need to
work so they may have to disable it while in the meantime someone is
fixing the bug.

Bye,
Davide Bettio.