[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: New properties for StatusNotifierItem: Accessible Label (1/3)]]

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 18:31:56 CET 2011

On Thursday 10 February 2011, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Thursday, February 10, 2011 05:39:08 Ted Gould wrote:
> >   Plasma folks,
> >
> > I forwarded the discussion that was had about using the title in the
> > tooltip for the accessible label.  While I felt that it was not adequate
> > I couldn't express why.  As per usual, mpt says it better than I, here
> > is his response:

yeah, i have this concern as well, so let's go for:
search AccessibleItemLabel
if not found, fall back to tooltip title?

and i would even specify in the spec that falling back is intended and fine,
only labels that really have to be different from tooltips for some reason
should overwrite the tooltip

Cheers,
Marco Martin