Problems with getting Krunner tutorial from techbase right

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 13:56:41 CET 2011

On Thursday 10 February 2011, Liebe Markus (RtP2/TEF72) wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am following the tutorial on techbase to create a krunner plugin.
> Up to now I have succeeded in building the lib, but not in actually
> enabling the new krunner plugin.
>
> The details are in the kde forum:
> http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=93266
>
> Do you have any hints for me on how to enable my plugin?
>
> KDE: Plattform-Version 4.4.5 (KDE 4.4.5) "release 272"

in the forum thread i see you installed it by copying files by hand, you
should really use make install and make ure they are installed in the right
prefix where all the rest of KDE is installed
then after installed, don't forget to run kbuildsycoca4
restarting krunner, the plugin hould be available in the list.

also, is not generally advisable doing development work with a KDe version so
old.

Cheers,
Marco Martin