Plasma mediacenter - is it still alive?

Lukas Appelhans l.appelhans at
Sun Feb 6 18:56:36 CET 2011

Thanks for your interest :)

Am Sonntag, 6. Februar 2011, 14:56:42 schrieb Morten A. B. Sjøgren:
> Hey,
> Sometime ago I read about a plasma mediacenter project, but I haven't heard
> anything about it for a long time.
> I'm interested in such a project and have thought about getting involved in
> a open source project for a long time.
Great! :) Yeah it kinda disappeared since Alessandro is busy with
university... (I did some small stuff during CodeIn for it...)
> So I wanted to hear if there is still life in this project. Where I can
> find some more information about it? And who I might talk to about the
> project?
Alessandro is usually the one, but since he is busy I can try to help :) We
definitely want this project to continue... (just shoot any question you might
have and I will check :))
> I've found the techbase-page
> and a gitorious
> project that hasn't been updated
> for quite sometime.
The techbase page seems to contain random ideas/concepts for it, whereas the
gitorious is unofficial...

Speaking about git, Marco will try to move it over there soon hopefully :)
Until then we can work in SVN of course!

PS: To get the project further moving I will try to get myself working on it
during GSoC...