Review Request: BMR: activity runner

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 14:01:29 CET 2011

On Wednesday 02 February 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 2, 2011, you wrote:
> > a test branch merge request (BMR :) for aseigo/activityrunner
>
> i'd like to propose that we use review board for merge requests,
> particularly as a way to signal that "this branch is ready!" for new
> features. it's a familiar tool to us all, if a bit different with git.
>
> to generate this one i did:
>
> git checkout aseigo/activityrunner
> git merge master
> git push
> post-review --parent=master --tracking-
> branch=anonupstream/aseigo/activityrunner

to me if the branch i'm working on is behind master somewhere else, post-
review includes in the diff everything that is different from master, to make
it work i have to rebase it to mastr, do post-review
then of course the branch can't be pushed anymore so have to re-rebase it to
origin/mybranch

Cheers,
Marco Martin