apply buttons in config dialogs

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Feb 4 03:45:45 CET 2011

hi..

some may have noticed that i enabled the apply button by default in widget
config dialogs. i found a cute little hack to make the apply buttons
deactivate properly on ok/apply being hit. (or so i hope :)

now what we need to do is run around to all the C++ plasmoids and connect the
widgets in their config dialogs to the settingsModified() slot in the
KConfigDialog* that is passed in.. something like this:

    connect(uiDisplay.labelEdit, SIGNAL(textChanged(QString)),
                   parent, SLOT(settingsModified()));
    connect(uiDisplay.flowCombo, SIGNAL(currentIndexChanged(int)),
                   parent, SLOT(settingsModified()));
    connect(uiDisplay.sizeSlider, SIGNAL(valueChanged(int)),
                   parent, SLOT(settingsModified()));
    connect(uiDisplay.showPreviews, SIGNAL(toggled(bool)),
                   parent, SLOT(settingsModified()));

i've put it on the tasks page and we can start listing all the ones that are
finished as we go right here:

	http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Tasks#config_dialogs

cheers ...

humru othro a kohnu se