the next step on the desktop

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 20:50:40 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic at kde.org> wrote:
>> This is IceWM, very useful feature when you have very limited resources.
>> ;-)
>
> Strangely enough, I use it from time to time, but completely forgot it
> was from there :)
> ---
>
> Well, we definitely need mocks of everything, this idea, and
> everything else people can devise.
>
> Maybe we should ask the community to contribute? To make concept-UIs
> so that we could pull some ideas from there?

There has been a lot of ideas posted to the brainstorm forum about
this sort of thing.  I think it would be highly worthwhile looking
through it.  It seems to be a highly under-utilized source of new
concepts and ideas, unfortunately.  I agree posting requests to the
users is good, but I would not neglect the resources already
available.

-Todd