the next step on the desktop

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Thu Feb 3 02:34:55 CET 2011

On 02/03/2011 02:23 AM, todd rme wrote:
> So I see advantages to both approach.  I think the most important
> factor are ultimately:
> 1. Do you have a lot of launchers?  If so, then the icon-based task
> manager is probably better
> 2. Do you use grouping? If not, then the icon-based task manager is
> probably worse.
Well, we're considering the defaults so we should study/ask/etc what
users usually do.

Afaik by default grouping is activated and about the number of launchers
can't say, but using my parents as the most-newbie users they have:
-Skype
-OpenOffice
-Firefox
-JDownloader (heh :p)
-Kopete
-KMail
-Dolphin
-k3b

Are 8 launchers enough for an Icon based solution? dunno.