Breadcrumbs in Kickoff

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sat Dec 31 08:50:25 UTC 2011

On Saturday 31 December 2011 09:30:25 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 28, 2011 09:42:35 Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4=DFlin?=
> > Yes and that's why I moved it to the left in the new implementation.
>
> note that this then puts it in a different location to all the other headers
> in the other tabs.
>
> so you switch from Favourites to Applications -> header switches location.
> Applications to System -> header swtiches location again.
>
> if the breadcrumbs are moved to the left and/or get a specialized visual
> treatment (neither of which are bad ideas imho) then the other headers
> should similarly be adjusted for consistency across the tabs.
so far I synchronized the position with other Plasma elements and moved the
headers into the center. Personally I would prefer to have a consistent UI
throughout all Plasma elements (at least for the default shipped widgets).

So the question is whether the breadcrumbs need to be moved from Left to
Center. I will give that a try, but are not sure whether it is a good idea as
it causes changes when traversing the menu.

Cheers
Martin