QML plasmoid porting status needs updating?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 16:34:19 UTC 2011

On Friday 30 December 2011, Shaun Reich wrote:
> This is woefully out of date, and I think it'd be a good idea for
> everyone to add what they're working on, where it is, etc, if
> everyone's okay with it. Because I want a good overview of what needs
> to be done and what is being worked on.
>
> http://community.kde.org/Plasma/PlasmoidScripting#Porting_Plasmoids_to_QML
>

> Additionally, is this pretty much the only QML plasma docs?
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/QML/API
>
> I would have thought that by now there'd be more documentation in this
> area, but am sad to see that it hasn't changed much since I last added
> stuff to it a while ago.

* for general qml and plasma that page says everything that's needed.
* for the components the documentation is being done and is atm in form of
doxygen-ish comments in the sources themselves
* for all the rest there is the qt qml documentation itself, makes zero sense
to copy and paste it

> As for the QML Components documentation, as I need to use these, where
> can the docs for them be had?

are all in the comments of source files, there will hopefully be a tool that
extracts them and publish somewhere in api.kde.org

--
Marco Martin