Skrooge plasma dashboard: stuck with QML

Guillaume DE BURE guillaume.debure at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 22:55:01 UTC 2011

Le mercredi 21 décembre 2011 10:52:48 Viranch Mehta a écrit :
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 4:55 AM, Guillaume DE BURE <
> guillaume.debure at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm doing this in 4.7.90 (unstable archlinux packages)
> >

> You should probably move to KDE compiled from git source.

Probably :) but these unstable packages are a good balance between bleeding
edge and easy installation.

> > 1) widget size:
> > -------------------
> > even though I specified the widget size, if the dashboard contains only QML
> > widgets, they appear with a very small width:
> > http://wstaw.org/m/2011/12/20/plasma-desktopVB1577.png
> > http://wstaw.org/m/2011/12/20/plasma-desktopav1577.png
> >
> > As soon as I add a C++ widget, the size is correctly computed:
> > http://wstaw.org/m/2011/12/20/plasma-desktopbb1577.png
> >

> Try adding "X-Plasma-DefaultSize=600,600" in metadata.desktop and instead of
> width/height: 600 in main.qml, do the following:
> property int minimumWidth: 600
> property int minimumHeight: 600
>
> This might produce expected behavior.

Yes, that worked, thanks :) Any explanation on why the basic width / height
didn't work ?

> > 2) PlasmaComponents.Label font size:
> > For some reason, the font size there is significantly larger than in basic
> > QML
> > Text component. Any idea why ?
> >

> You can simply use Text component wherever you just want to display text.

Noted.

> > 3) ListView highlight:
> > ---------------------------
> > With the aforementionned code, I can't seem to get the expected behaviour
> > on
> > highlighting items in the list. Any idea why ?
> >

> The highlight follows the currentItem. So you need to add a MouseArea in
> your
> delegate with hoverEnabled: true and onEntered: list.currentIndex = index
> This will make the hovered item your list's current item and the highlight
> will
> follow it.

Thanks for the advice, but I found something else that suits my needs quite
well : PlasmaComponents.ListItem :) Since it is already a MouseArea, I guess
implementing the highlight there will be easier.

> Cheers,
> Viranch

Thanks for the help, I pushed the changes if someone is interested.