folderview broken

Fredrik Höglund fredrik at kde.org
Wed Dec 21 15:35:06 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 21 December 2011, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday, December 19, 2011 09:25:41 sujith h wrote:
> > Are you trying to access remote site or local host? I had not done anything
> > for
> > local host. If you are trying to access the remote host, can you please
> > share the URL for that, so that I can also try.
>
> did some looking into this today. the problem was visible when the URL is
> considered non-local and is a containment.
>
> since the change made had init() return early, code further down that did
> things like set up the icon view when it is a containment was not run.
>
> making it worse, desktop:/ is a non-local file url (according to KUrl anyways
> :) so if that is what it was pointing at in the config file, that would be
> enough to trigger the problem.

Aaron, thanks for fixing this. Just a note that in this case
KProtocolInfo::protocolClass() should be used to determine if the URL
is local or not, since this also affects trash, nepomuk and so forth.

KUrl::isLocalFile()/toLocalFile() should only be used to check if the URL
can be accessed without using KIO.

Fredrik