4.8 branch

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Dec 21 10:45:16 UTC 2011

Am 21.12.2011 11:20, schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> hi :)
>
> some of you will have noticed that there is now a KDE/4.8 branch in
> the
> modules. i would like to request that all fixes happen in the KDE/4.8
> branch
> and then:
>
> * if kde-workspace, cherry-pick into master
> * otherwise, merge origin/KDE/4.8 into master
>
> if the merge fails, then you can resort to cherry-picking ...
as long as scripty is not active for master, I would suggest that we go
for merging from origin/KDE/4.8 to master as well.

Also I would suggest to never cherry-pick. If a merge fails it might be
better to ping someone with more git experience to resolve it.
Cherry-picking will just make it more difficult to merge in future.

Cheers
Martin