Review Request: Make KGlobalSettings reread locale settings before calling settingsChanged().

Lamarque V. Souza lamarque at kde.org
Mon Dec 19 17:01:51 UTC 2011

Em Monday 19 December 2011, David Faure escreveu:

> > KLocale::reparseConfiguration() would be just a call to
> > KLocalePrivate::initFormat(), but initFormat is protected. I will have to
> > make it public to use it in KLocale::reparseConfiguration, wouldn't that
> > break binary compatibility?
>
> Aeh? If it's called KLocalePrivate it's a private class, you can do
> whatever you want with it.

	Well, it's called KLocalePrivate but it has a lot of protected methods
that KLocale cannot access, initFormat is one of them:

../../kdecore/localization/klocale_p.h: In member function 'void
KLocale::reparseConfiguration()':
../../kdecore/localization/klocale_p.h:81:18: error: 'virtual void
KLocalePrivate::initFormat()' is protected
../../kdecore/localization/klocale.cpp:786:19: error: within this context

--
Lamarque V. Souza
KDE's Network Management maintainer