4.8.0 "Easy Jobs"

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 20:05:29 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 13:36, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:

> Am 13.12.2011 12:54, schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
>
>  On Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:19:30 Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gr=E4=DFlin?=
>> wrote:

>>> due to the rather strong changes I already have in the models I would
>>> appreciate if nobody touches that code. It has been broken forever,
>>> let's fix it with a bunch of other things after my rework in 4.9.
>>>

>> actually.. would it be cool with you if someone wanted to fix it up right
>> in
>> your kickoff-qml branch?
>>
> Yes of course, less work for me :-)

I was looking into this today and it's not that trivial. The favorites are
saved in config as a list of .desktop files located in /usr... . I had only
quick look at how the apps list is loaded and it uses some KServiceGroup
magic (which I don't understand yet). So basically it means that the
Favorites loading would have to be changed to use the KServiceGroup as well
instead of loading directly the .desktop files, which are actually never
changed (those in /usr).

But I may be totally off here :) If someone can guide me, I could probably
do it.

--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer