KRunner plugin documentation

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Dec 7 09:25:01 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 11 Kislev 5772 10:55:59 Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I like a lot the KRunner plugins, but I find one issue with them: it is
> not documented how you should use them. I discovered some of the features,
> but probably not everything. And I see no place in the UI where the
> documentation could be plugged in. Every plugin has an Info button, but
> that is used only for About and Author.
>  I suggest to add a Help tab there as well that describes the plugin's
> usage.

Something that needs be addressed!

Plugins can "publish syntax" but this yields and entry on a pontentially large
list of one-liners that are barely readable at best. A click on this list
might be a place for more detailed/readable explanation. Not all runners
publish syntax, however (but runners needing such documentation usually
would/should!).

A runoptions entry could also be used for this but this necessitates use of
runoptions by the runner.

An button on the configuration for the runner could also be used but this
requires there be configuration dialog for that runner.

One the list view, right-click is not used. Might be a place!