How to retrieve location from plasmoid

Onur-Hayri Bakici thehayro at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 10:24:09 UTC 2011

> > > You mean on the screen? No, by design it's not possible.
> > >
> > > What do you want to achieve?
> >
> > I want to let a PlasmaCore.Dialog to appear underneath the applet. I use
> > QML. For the right position I need the x,y coordinates.
>
> use the popupposition method of PlasmaCore.Dialog
>
> never never ever try to calculate this kind of stuff by hand

Thanks for the quick response. However I still cannot go any further.
Since popupPosition gets a QGraphicsObject but always returns an emty QPoint.

A little example of what I did.
Item {

  PlasmaWidgets.PushButton {
    id: btn
    text: "press me"
    onClicked: {
      dialog.visible = true;
    }
  }

  PlasmaCore.Dialog {
    id: dialog
    Component.onCompleted: {
      setAttribute(Qt.WA_X11NetWmWindowTypeDock, true);
      var pos = popupPosition(parent); // or popupPosition(btn)?
      print("QPoint: " + pos.x + "," + pos.y);
    }
  }
}

Can you tell me whats wrong with this code?
Thanks in advance.