QML X-Plasma-DefaultSize purpose

Shaun Reich shaun.reich at kdemail.net
Mon Aug 22 02:21:44 UTC 2011

What is the purpose of X-Plasma-DefaultSize in a qml applet?

One might think it is the default size of the applet, maybe it is the
root item of mine which is overriding it, but I don't see this being
followed. In fact, if I set it to 10,10, the only *visible* change
which occurs is the fact that the plasmoid cannot be resized to be
less than this value.

This leads me to believe that the key's name is misleading, or that
the behavior is broken, as it's more like a minimum size and nothing
like a default size at all. (I expected it to be "oh I added that
applet and it appeared as that size, for the first time").

--
Shaun Reich,
KDE Software Developer (kde.org)