RFC: Remove Opacity from Alt+F3 menu

Christoph Feck christoph at maxiom.de
Fri Aug 19 08:19:24 UTC 2011

On Friday 19 August 2011 10:08:40 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> a titlebar wheelevent, even if a bit hidden, is way more ergonomic.

Not every input device has a wheel. My stylus has all three mouse
buttons, but no wheel.

If you remove the menu entries, at least make sure you have global
shortcuts for changing transparency quickly (+/- by 20%, set to
opaque), so that I can assign gestures to those operations.

Otherwise, I would be unable to temporarily (and quickly) change the
opacity. As a user with limited screen space, I pretty often use
transparency to see through windows, which avoids the need to switch
between them constantly.

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)