Combining the 4 notes plasmoids into 1

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 12:11:30 UTC 2011

On Saturday 13 August 2011, Rohan Garg wrote:
> Hey!
> I discussed this idea with the KDE PIM team in the PIM BoF today at DS, and
> later on with Marco, and i think we have too many notes plasmoids and we
> could do better by just combining all of them into one plasmoid, Marco even
> suggested that when we drag the notes from Kontact onto plasma the Plasma
> Plasmoid should pop up ( currently it shows the Akonotes Plasmoid ). In
> general the consensus was that we should keep the UI of the notes plasmoid
> that plasma ships and integrate it with Akonadi by storing the notes in
> Akonadi notes resource.
>
> Any thoughts/suggestions on this? And more importantly, any volunteers to
> implement this idea?
>
> Rohan Garg

yes, i don't see much point in having the akonotes plasmoid at all, i would go
as far as saying:
* if a notes akonadi uri is dropped, create a notes plasmoid focused on that
note, just like current akonotes.

* if a new note is created from the widget explorer, create a new one in
akonadi

* the notes list plasmoid to see what are the notes currently existing is not
100% needed, but if someone wants to maintain it, it's fine :)

Cheers,
Marco Martin