Switching to "different widgets on each desktop" resets the plasma-desktop

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Aug 11 07:43:50 UTC 2011

On Thursday, August 11, 2011 06:37:54 Viranch Mehta wrote:
> I go to system settings and change the relevant setting. This suddenly
> scraps away all my current plasmoids and gives me empty desktops. This is

the widgets should still be there, but likely put into a different activity.

what you describe is a one-time issue at configuration, and while not the
perfect experience it's not something i plan to put any more effort into
improving as we have far too many other things on our plate.

patches are welcome, however.

i will not accept patches that just add a warning dialog, however. any patches
made should be real fixes (e.g. making sure the existing containment gets used
in the set of desktop containments)

humru othro a kohnu se