Plasma Educational Desktop GSoC:Executing the class layout scripts!

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Aug 10 11:49:27 UTC 2011

On Tuesday, August 9, 2011 03:16:49 you wrote:
> need to restart plasma-desktopto make the new script run....How do I restart
> plasma-desktop from withinthe student containment??

plasma-desktop does not need to restart. what is needed is to invoke
libplasmagenericshell's ScriptEngine::evaluateScript(). this is not exposed to
Containments, however .. and for good reasons :)

this should not use the full desktop scripting for this. instead, the
scripting from kde-runtime/plasma/kpart/scripting/ should be taken, adapted as
needed, and used from within the Classroom containment directly. note that it
too includes a ScriptEngine class.

the code flow would then end up looking something like the following
pseudocode:

script := loadScriptFromNetwork
if script is not empty
	delete all widgets