Desktop Summit: Plasma and BKO?

Matthias Fuchs mat69 at gmx.net
Thu Aug 4 14:54:44 UTC 2011

Proposal: A BOF or something on the matters that follow?

Some months ago (in May+) we discussed on this list the issues with BKO
we [1] have. [2]
At the end there was a wiki page [3] with some ideas.

Imo these ideas need discussing now. Especially in the regard to what is
doable with bko -- that is why I am ccing this mail to the great admin
people we have. :)

The Desktop Summit is imo the ideal place to come together and to make
bko more useable at least for Plasma devs as a first step. The solutions
drafted could also be useful for other moduels in fact. A BOF would
probably be ideal for that.

So what do you think?

Finally I know that this is quite late though I just remembered that
ml-thread today. Please keep in mind that I am probably the wrong person
to host such BOF as I lack the background and experience. [4]

Cheers
matthias

PS.: I am not registered on the sysadmin-ml so please keep the
discussion at the plasma-devel-list or at least cc me. Thanks :)

[1] here Plasma and KWin
[2] the utter failure of bugzilla (and us?):
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2011-May/016176.html
[3] http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Bugtracker
[4] I have no clue as to what bugzilla can do and further as was pointed
out I have only done little bug triaging so far.