User interaction problems

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Apr 30 13:35:37 CEST 2011

On Saturday, April 30, 2011 22:04:12 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> After locally reverting Martin's change, and restarting KWin I found
> that Plasma - as usual[*] - failed to handle the change in compositing
> state, leaving me with the same greyish, unblurred panel until I
> exited Plasma and torched it's svg caches (even toggling the
> compositing state twice doesn't fix it). A user shouldn't have to do
> that - if compositing is available, it should work.

if compositing is claimed to be active but isn't this can happen. sounds like
an issue with kwin reporting this incorrectly? could also be at the root of
the lack of warning from kwin or in the control panel.

> Please take steps to improve the user experience.

Please provide patches.

(which is to say: i don't find such closing musings useful.)

humru othro a kohnu se