Using QIcon in QML

Nuno Pinheiro nuno.pinheiro at kdab.com
Sun Apr 24 14:30:57 CEST 2011

A Domingo, 24 de Abril de 2011 11:16:34 Marco Martin você escreveu:
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 3:32 AM, Shaun Reich <shaun.reich at kdemail.net>
wrote:
> > I'd like to use QIcon in qml code, I've looked into
> > kde-runtime/plasma/declarativeimports/QIconItem...
> > However, the property setIcon only allows a QIcon. which presents a
> > problem because I don't see a way of constructing a qicon from qml.
> >
> > I've tried icon: QIcon("icon");, but that doesn't work, citing an
> > unknown variable; QIcon.
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong? Or does the property need to be adjusted
> > to allow string representations and transform it into a qicon
> > automatically?
>
> QIcon("icon")  is correct but work only on qml plasmoids (won't work
> in qmlviewer)

Side note to icon usage.... plasma and qml usage require more of ilustrations
and custom imagery than traditional icons... + oxygen icons never fited very
well touch world (original design problem wen we started oxygen touch world
was non exystent) so qml Image should be fine for most use cases IMO.

Nuno Pinheiro | nuno.pinheiro at kdab.com | UI Designer