plasmate:questions about coding

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Apr 22 17:36:40 CEST 2011

On Thursday, April 21, 2011 23:55:25 Sam S. wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > i really would like to keep that first screen's UI clean. is it really
> > necessary to be able to clear projects if there are only four or less?
> > maybe not.
>
> I actually do think that having an easy way to delete a project from
> that list (and from disk) would be nice.

agreed.

> What's wrong with the context-menu solution you mentioned above?

context menus are not particularly discoverable.

> Or a hovering "delete" tool button on each list entry (maybe only
> visible while the mouse is over the respective list item)?

it would have to be on hover, yes. it might work ...

> Oh and while I'm at it, the other function I felt was missing was a
> way to close the current project and get back to the start page,
> without quitting plasmate and re-starting it. (Maybe a simple "File >
> Close" menu entry?)

yes; we used to have a "Start page" button in the toolbar, but removed it
because it was really out of place. but we could add this function back to the
file menu, indeed.

> And of course support for data engines, which doesn't seem implemented
> yet (when I try to create on, plasmate crashes).

the crash is fixed in master now (thanks for reporting), but we still don't
have a previewer for DataEngines, no.

humru othro a kohnu se