KDE/kdebase/workspace/kwin

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 12:20:33 CEST 2010

On September 24, 2010 18:24:33 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday, September 24, 2010, Chani wrote:
> > On September 24, 2010 14:03:23 Chani Armitage wrote:
> > > SVN commit 1179043 by chani:
> > >
> > > Use an X property for activity associations
> > >
> > > the new property name is "_KDE_NET_WM_ACTIVITIES", of type XA_STRING,
> > > and it's a comma-separated list of activity UUIDs.
> >
> > so, who's interested in upgrading libtaskmanager to read this property?
> > :)
>
> what does libtaskmanager need to do with it? will kwin not just unmap the
> window in a way that removes it from the task listing, or do we really need
> to duplicate that filtering in the window list management library?

err... kwin can do that? I don't know enough about this stuff...

what I want to see is the taskbar not showing windows from other activities.
the pager could probably do with a similar thing, since it shows little window
outlines.
it'd also be nice if right-clicking a task in the taskbar had an activities
menu below the desktops one, like the titlebar's contextmenu.