activities and locking

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 12:16:14 CEST 2010

On September 24, 2010 20:41:47 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday, September 24, 2010, Chani wrote:
> > and while one may question whether deleting should be allowed while
> > locked, stopping while locked makes perfect sense.
>
> so i just ran across a related issue today on b.k.o[1]: when a new desktop
> or a new screen comes or goes, containments will get added ... but they
> can't actually be removed. currently they aren't (and that causes other
> issues), but i think that when you remove a virtual desktop when using
> PVD, then the containment associated with that desktop should go away too.
>
> i'm not particularly sure how i'd like to manage that atm. need to think
> about it a bit more.

hmm. I used to think containments should be kept around, but... you're right,
it's better to delete it. removing a virtual desktop is an entirely
intentional act (at least so far), not like screens which can get accidentally
unplugged. :)

how would this affect the "do you want to delete all the extra containments?"
question when PVD is disabled?