Blocking mouse on entering non reachable areas in multi-screen setups

Martin Gräßlin kde at martin-graesslin.com
Thu Sep 23 20:20:04 CEST 2010

On Thursday 23 September 2010 16:30:41 todd rme wrote:
>  I think a good solution integrated
> into KDE by default is a must-have.
No, this is a must-have for X. We as KDE should not dare to implement
something like that. The probablity to get it wrong is very, very high. And
the chances to get it somewhat working is very, very low. Getting this wrong
would be a bigger desaster than the current sitiuation and yes it sucks and
yes I myself have such a setup. Furthermore it would just be bad for the
complete freedesktop if we did a solution which could not easily be reused by
the other desktops (GNOME, XFCE) and yeah for them a Qt dependency would mean
unusable :-P

So if we want to fix it, it needs to be done on X, but even there I think it
is an unfixable issue (just imagine two screens with a gap between them, how
do you want to recognize that), or somethin like that:

(I hate ASCII art)