desktop != Planar; backgrounds missing

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Sep 20 15:31:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

after this weekend's update of my trunk install, I'm missing applet
backgrounds on the desktop. After a bit of tinkering, I'm getting the
impression (didn't check with code!) that applets think they shouldn't draw
their background even if StandardBackground is set, the main problem here
seems to be that that Desktop containment doesn't have a Planar formfactor
anymore, as a new folder view is created in icon mode even when added to the
desktop (this would also explain the lack of background).

Does anybody have an idea what could cause this regression?
--
sebas