plasma classroom

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Sep 15 19:01:02 CEST 2010

On Wednesday, September 15, 2010, Mario Fux wrote:
> When we start with a small (relative) group of teachers I think the success
> could be bigger.

agreed.

> I'm still thinking and pondering of the idea of a diploma
> thesis about the Plasma Classroom (Desktop) in the field with means
> evaluating what a school thinks about it...

 a thesis project around evaluating usage would be insanely valuable, useful
and welcome from my POV.

> Could start at the end of the
> year. Do you plasma guys will have some code ready by then ;-)?

yes, we should. if you bring a schedule to the table, that will help elevate
it's importance and lower the risk that it would get re-priortized to a lower
state should something else come up.

> Absolutely. There is a big opportunity. Unfortunately the school I migrated
> to Linux and KDE several years back switched now back to Windows 7 and
> Office 10.
>
> Still try to get out why exactly...

if you do, sharing that with us would be invaluable. my guess, though:
politics and "windows is what the guy who decided on the new lab system knew
best".

we need to work on our user loyalty ;)

humru othro a kohnu se