configChanged coverage for 4.6

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annmam at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 18:52:51 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 14 September 2010 01:55:39 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Saturday, September 4, 2010, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > All applets we ship that have any configuration will implement
> > configChanged()
>
> it looks like we've accomplished our goal! folderview still has some
> outstanding items in it, but they are being actively worked on.
>
> thank-you to everyone who helped out with this!
>
> feedback time: was this a useful / helpful way to go about getting such
> improvements done? for those who got involved: was it enjoyable for you,
> and would you do it again?
>
> if so, i have a few more similarly "entry level, detail oriented" items
> that we could set as a new focus item.
Hi,

For me it was a motivating task to get back into KDE after 2 months away
(summer kids holiday). I also noticed in the process that the applets in
kdeplasma-addons are working well!

Maybe I could have mentored a newcomer through it though (by the way of
blogging for example) which would be nice for a next task.

The WorldClock applet in kdeedu/marble is still to be done but it crashes on
me in a weird way so I can't even look at it.

Anne-Marie